



Gorgeous huh? I could have stayed all weekend!
After feeding the boys lunch, and Beckett once again finding his thumb...

...we headed out on the boat. I wasn't sure how Truitt would do, because our last attempt at boating with friends last weekend left us heading for home 15 minutes after we arrived. And It wasn't pretty. Truitt had a fit over the life vest. He HATED it. Terrible two's maybe? Not my Truitt! Never!
I hoped this time would be different, and it was great. It was a perfect day, low 80's with a calm breeze. I was on top of the world being on a boat with my parents, sister and her boyfriend, great friends and my three boys.



Truitt LOVED it! The faster we went the better. That boy has a need for action and speed! His hair was blowing in the wind, and you couldn't wipe that smile off his face if you tried your very hardest. It was pure happiness for him. For us all.

Is that picture hysterical or what?!
Everytime the boat slowed down he looked so content.

Beckett loved it as well!

He got lots of love from Josie too.

We took the boat over to a delicious BBQ joint on the water. I got some yummy pulled pork (my favorite!) and homemade mac 'n' cheese! Perfect for my diet. Ha! Don't even ask how that is going...
After lunch, we hopped back on the boat and headed accross the lake for some ice cream. Homemade ice cream! Truitt had a couple bites, and for the first time ever, he actually enjoyed it! I think he is realizing he'd better get used to the cold, because it sure tastes good! After ice cream we hung around on the boat a while longer and had the best time together...





We stripped the boys down to their diapers, and took some cute pictures.





These two little boys were so good. Not one of them shed a single tear. They were happy little guys, I think they share Greg and I's love for water!






After 4 hours on the boat, we headed back to the house for some homemade guacamole, yummm...it was the best I've ever had, and Truitt took a little nap.

Now to the best picture of the day, and Greg would argue it's the best picture ever...

I wasn't kidding when I said he loved it. Ha!
We had a great day and really enjoyed sharing this experience with Truitt and Beckett. I look forward to many more trips to the water with them :)
Next up, the OCEAN! Hopefully sooner than later...
Thanks Doug and Josie for such a wonderful time! We can't wait to come visit again!
2 comments:
Love the pics, and you are right the one of Truitt's hair blowing in the wind is great!!!!! Hugs to all!
Lots of great pictures....looked like a good time was had by all ;0)
Post a Comment