Truitt's stats -
Head Circumference: They don't measure it anymore at well check-ups over the age of 2, thank you Jesus!!! Last it was measured at Children's a few months ago it was 42.5 cm, it seemed to be 40 cm for like 2 years straight, so I am so thankful it has grown and pray it continues to do so.
Weight: 33 lbs. 4 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 38" (75th percentile)


Beckett's stats -
Head Circumference: 48 1/4 cm (75th percentile)
Weight: 25lbs. 14 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 33 1/4" (95th percentile)



They are both big boys, and tall like their daddy :) I love that. It was a great appointment, and I continue to really enjoy theses visits.
Truitt is doing great. I updated Dr. Tyler on his seizure status and spoke with him about how much I adore the new Neurologist. I was so excited to tell him how wonderful Truitt has been eating and what a happy guy he has been since we dropped the dose of Topamax. He thought Truitt looked "fantastic" and was so pleased with all of the good news. Not mention how much he has grown, a HUGE accomplishment for a child with cerebral palsy. Dr. Tyler always compliments how healthy Truitt looks, we all appreciate his plumpness to the fullest :)
Beckett also had a great check-up. He is active, healthy, and LOVES to eat. He is advanced in his motor skills, but has a "normal delay" in his speech. Meaning, being a first born (or first typical child), a boy, and he is so busy physically, Dr. Tyler is not at all concerned and says he is confident he will have a vocal burst in the next few months. He is saying several words, just not as many as most children his age. Here are the words Beckett says right now...
Da - (Daddy)
Momma
Hello
Uh-Oh
Ball
Duh - (Dog)
Shoe
Go
Ewww - When he smells his brother's dirty diapers!
Meow
Off - He is obsessed with turning lights off, random.
Choo Choo
He is supposed to have two new words by the first of the year, and if not we will have a speech assessment done. He better start talking more, and soon. You know, since I really need another child in therapy!
I think I am way more concerned about his speech than Dr. Tyler was. He said he would be surprised if Beckett doesn't start talking more over the next few months. So we'll see. We keep working with him, and even though every single time we take or pick Truitt up from school I tell him "bus" 15 times, he STILL calls them a ja-jerrr. Really?!
No comments:
Post a Comment