Friday, March 19, 2010

Child Rite Chair

Today we got this AWESOME new chair for Truitt.



As you know, he still can't sit up on his own. And as you could probably imagine, for an 18 month old little boy, laying around all day is no fun at all.

It is nearly impossible, okay it is impossible, to find any kind of seat to support a child of his age or older with a physical disability. Apparently in "normal" baby stores, babies or kids with special needs simply don't exist. And it blows my mind.

My mom found this special chair for children with special needs, that is made by the same company that makes the Bumbo chairs for typical babies. It was created by a mother of a little boy with Cerebral Palsy.

My mom ordered it last week, and it came yesterday. I was so excited when she brought it over today, I was so anxious to see him in it.



I was absolutely blown away by the support it gives to him.

It is so important, in terms of his development, for him to be able to sit upright. It offers him a better view of his surroundings, and gives him the feeling of independence he so terribly craves. This chair provides him with all of that, and more.



He is so happy with his new found freedom. I told my mom I would love 2 more of them! One for upstairs, and one to keep in the car. Ha! It will go EVERYWHERE with us.

I think it will be our new best friend.

2 comments:

G. Grandma McFarland said...

Wow that is some chair...and it looks so comfy! Just what he needs.

Lisa E. said...

That is so cool! Kudos to your Mom for finding it!