Saturday, March 27, 2010

The perfect chair...

We are still so madly in love with the Child Rite chair. We now feed him most meals in it, and have found that it fits perfectly in both a cart AND a booth!

Two of our biggest struggles lately.

Makes for much easier shopping trips and restaurant outings.

I can't explain how helpful it is becoming to all of us. I was beginning to have anxieties about going to the grocery with Truitt. Although he can sit temporarily in the seat of a cart, he slowly melts and becomes very overstimulated with the lack of support he has while in it. He would eventually lean his head way back and hit his hands together constantly, a sign that he feels very insecure.

As a mom, I hate to see him like that and more than anything, I hate seeing people stare at him when he gets that way. But I had no other option. I couldn't always wait until Greg was home. I always found myself so frustrated by the time I left the store, often times ruining my whole day. Sometimes, it just doesn't take much.

I have searched all over the web for ANYTHING that could help a child with CP sit in a cart. But had no luck. There is nothing out there. Surprise, surprise.

Same with going to a restaurant. We have been taking him places in his stroller, because he can't sit in a restaurant high chair. That was always fun, explaining to a hostess that we don't want a highchair because he can't sit in one. They look at us like were crazy, he is plenty big enough and old enough to sit in one, sure. But he can't.

That is where the Child Rite comes in handy, sits perfectly down in a cart, and slides easily into a booth. And I couldn't ask for more!

Here are Jude and Truitt in the Bumbo, and Child Rite chairs. Jude is in Truitt's old Bumbo, made for typical babies, and Truitt in the Child Rite chair.



There is quite a size difference in the two. Child Rite, I am so glad we found you!

No comments: