For the two hours and forty-five minutes we spent at the clinic, not a whole lot happened. It was the same old story, different doctor, different day.
The appointment started by going over Truitt's medical history. That's always fun. Sure did bring back memories I didn't want to relive. Oh well. Then we discussed where to head next with his treatment. I suggested Speech Therapy, and asked about the Seating Clinic (for all things seating for kids with special needs). Dr. Newmeyer, who was all things wonderful, suggested Physical Medicine, and Feeding Clinic. Both of those sounded very necessary for him as well.
I'm so glad we are finally moving forward with new helpful therapies and clinics. It's about time, and long over due.
Truitt was so good throughout the entire appointment, which lasted way past lunch, and half way into his nap time. Beckett stayed with Grandma Sankey, thank goodness. That little guy, would not have been so good in a boring hospital room for nearly three hours.
So we move onward. With all of these new referrals, and school starting in less than two weeks, our busy lives, are about to get that much busier.
I'm holding on tight, trying to enjoy the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment