The cute little room was awaiting him. It was so colorful, so happy, so full of fun for Truitt and his friends. His little eyes lit up when we walked in, although we aren't sure what he can see, I'm sure he saw the happiness I saw when we walked in. It was perfect. The tiny little chairs and all.
He was the second to arrive. When we walked in, there on the floor was a beautiful little girl named Jolie. Her mom and I got to talking because she is a lot like Truitt. Unable to sit, crawl, or do anything independently. She actally just lied there in her mother's arms. So content. We got on the seizure subject when I brought up Truitt's Diastat (emergency rectal medication for seizures lasting longer than 5 minutes).
Jolie has seizures too. But she came to this fate a whole different way than our sweet Truitt. Her tiny brain was damaged by the hands of her own father. At just three months old, she suffered from Shaken Baby Syndrome. My heart dropped. How could a parent do this to their child??? How could ANYONE shake a baby???
Anger aside, back to the Diastat. I was unable to leave Truitt at school today because we didn't have the release form signed giving the school permission to administer the Diastat if needed. Since he is at risk for seizures, without the signed form he is not able to be there without me for liability reasons. So we stayed for an hour and got to know the other kids and parents.
The kids were all just darling. It is such a special school. I feel like we fit in there. We are all normal within those walls. All of our kids are special, for all different reasons. It's just the place for us. Just what we needed. Just what Truitt needed, I think he will surely like it there :)
Truitt loved playing with his teacher, Katie. She is so sweet, and Truitt really took to her.
I am so happy today went well, and Truitt was feeling much better. I look forward to taking him Wednesday and seeing how he does without me there. I'm sure he will do just fine, but I will still worry. Because I'm his mom, and that's my job.
Guess I'll be making a trip down to the Neurology Clinic tomorrow to get the release form signed. Ahh...gotta love miscommunication. Or the Pediatrician not sending his FULL medical chart over. Thanks Rainbow Pediatrics. I'll be sure to tell them you say hello!
1 comment:
oh my gosh lauren... how cute is truitt! i'm so excited for him to be in school... youre such an incredible mom to truitt [and beckett] they are both very lucky to have you!
Post a Comment