Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Growing, growing, growing!

What a GORGEOUS day today! I just love these kind of days.



Yesterday Truitt had his two year check-up. He is 30 lbs. and 36 in. (75th percentile for both) and I am so proud to report that his head grew 3/4 of a centimeter! That is how much it was supposed to grow in the 6 months since we were there last, and IT DID!!! I practically skipped out of that office. I was one happy momma! :)

Truitt is much larger than most children with CP, but I was very surprised to hear he is in the 75th percentile. He is a very solid little guy, nothing small about him. We say he has "big paws" because his hands are huge! Dr Tyler and I decided that although he is getting plenty of nutrition, we will continue to add a scoop of formula to his whole milk. Extra calories for him could never hurt. Free samples of formula from the sweet nurses at Rainbow Pediatrics don't hurt either!

Beckett had his six month check-up last week and he is a big boy too! He is now 17.5 lbs. and 27 in. (75th percentile). Dr. Tyler was very surprised by his development. He is sitting unsupported, creeping, and rolling all over the place. He has very good fine motor skills for his age too. Developmentally he is around the 7 month old level. Never sure where he is learning all these things, but we'll take it!


He is doing great with baby food, and still nurses about 4-5 times a day. He loves to get his hands on anything within, or out, of his reach. EVERYTHING goes in his mouth. I am currently still trying to get used to his mad skills. Recently while I was shopping at a clothing store, I found an entire outfit sitting in his carseat. The sleeve was sobbing wet from him sucking on it, YUCK! Where was his mom?! Ha! Busy shopping of course...


Truitt never did those things, so I forget Beckett can. When we got home, the tag from that outfit was under his bum. I felt so bad while I was laughing. Thankfully there isn't a "you suck on it, you buy it" rule. Ha!



Still no news on the EEG. They just LOVE to keep me hanging...

1 comment:

Grandma Sankey said...

GREAT News on Truitt's appointment.
We are also extremely happy about his head growth. Love that boy!
Beckett's photos are soooo cute.
Watch out girls, here he comes.
Love both of those boys to pieces.
Love & Kisses