So today we had another follow up appointment with the cardiologist. The one appointment I do not dread. Kind of funny how I down play a heart condition, I guess I can blame that on what I have to compare it to, the oxygen loss. I actually look forward to going to see Dr. F. He has a way of making me feel so confident about Truitt's condition.
He had another echo cardiogram this morning and everything looks great. The coarc repair has healed nicely. His blood pressure was right on track so they are going to follow through with weaning him off the enalapril, the medication to keep his blood pressure under control. I couldn't help but ask the cardiologist about Truitt's head growth, since I have been a wreck about it ever since the pediatrician brought it to my attention. He assured me that it would not cause more damage and the most important thing is that he is doing well otherwise, and he is.
While I was there today I made a trip up to the J4 NICU to visit some of the people that helped Truitt during those critical days. The walk down that hall was filled with many memories. The most vivid was that first day, Greg pushing me in a wheelchair because I had just given birth, eager to see my new son and unaware of the journey I was about to embark on. That hallway is something I will have painted in my mind for the rest of my life. I will forever remember each step I took down that hall, but nonetheless, so grateful that I was able to walk down it today with Truitt. Everyone was so happy to see him, and I was glad to have him out of there! Today was a much better day, and thank you again for all of your love and support.
1 comment:
So happy he is a strong little man.
Post a Comment