Now, looking back, I feel as though those were the best days of my life. I was an expectant mother, of a "healthy" baby, and had not a worry in the world. I sometimes wish I could go back to those days, but I then realize nothing was different. It was just unknown. My little Truitt is that same healthy baby I dreamed of having. He is the one I longed for, and felt kicking me day in and day out. I am so thankful for him, and I am thankful for what he has taught me. I have learned more about life in this one year than I have in the last twenty two years. With all of the hard times and all of the blessed times, I can say that 2008 truly was a year to remember. It brought me so much and taught me life's most important lessons.
I know that 2009 will bring us even more. It will be a year filled with joy being able to watch our little boy grow. I hope for everyone of you to have a year filled with happiness as well. I wish you all good health and fortune and for you all to enjoy every minute you have with the ones you love most. Life is such an incredible journey, count your blessings and enjoy each step of the way. I look forward to spending this new year with all of you, and can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for Truitt! Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Lauren! Congratulations for so many things. Of course your handsome little guy Truitt and now your engagement to Greg! I had no idea you were following our journey until your recent comment and was so excited to see your name!! I just read through Truitt's entire journey on your blog and you sure do have one great little guy. So tough and strong and cute as can be! I also enjoyed reading your posts. You have been through tough, tough times, but your outlook is so positive and grateful for what you have. I try to do the same, for when times seem so overwhelming, I try to think of how truly fortunate I am. It helps me to put things in perspective. It sounds like you are doing the same and I just want to commend you for being such a great mother. I will certainly keep you all in my prayers and will be checking back often to see how you all are doing. Thanks for getting in touch! Hope to run into you some day again soon! xoxoxo Marie
Post a Comment