Sunday, March 22, 2009

Help!

Our perfectly content, happy baby is now very fussy and uncomfortable. It seems to have happened over night. He has been such a dream child ever since we brought him home, often going days without crying. Well boy has that changed these last few days! Greg and I attempted to clean the house today but had to deal with five hours of hysterical crying. He was absolutely inconsolable. Nothing worked. He wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, and wanted nothing to do with being held. His agenda was to cry, and cry again. Period.

I am realizing with all we have been dealing with I seemed to forget about the normal baby things. Colds, teething, gas, constipation, or maybe a little bit of various things. He had a low grade fever this afternoon leading me to believe this may be early signs of teething we are dealing with. On top of that I still think he is having formula issues. That is a work in progress too. We have switched him to new bottles, Dr. Browns, and although I hate to admit it because they are expensive and a pain in the behind, they are magical. He seems to be more at ease with his feedings and has less gas. Good. One problem solved, four to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One tip for constipation that worked for Jacob is Pear Juice (Gerber). I have found it at Kroger and Walmart. I have to use it in his cereal to keep him regular. Also prunes work really well....(beware of messy diapers) Hope this helps!

Melissa said...

Prunes, prunes and more prunes...I swear by them! Jack had them every morning to keep him regular while he was transitioning to solid food. Play with the amount for whats right for him, because as Amy said, messy diapers can result. (Although I'd rather deal with a few blowouts than a constipated baby!) Good luck!