Saturday, April 10, 2010

Getting ready for baby....#2!

It seems like it wasn't all that long ago we were making the final preparations for Truitt's arrival. Except, we got an extra month to prepare after he was born, since he spent 4 weeks in the NICU.

I will be glad not to have an extra month this time, I don't need it, and I don't want it. I want to come home this time with my healthy baby boy, in my arms. Together.

But I really want to come home to a clean, organized house. Why is it that us women feel that we must spring clean and organize every aspect of our lives before welcoming a new baby? Because we all know within a few days of bringing baby home, everything is disorganized and crazy all over again.

I have all of the new baby's clothes and blankets washed and put away. We are stocked up for now on newborn diapers (they are so tiny compared to Truitt's size 4's!) and my hospital bag is packed. We are almost ready.

Greg and I have spent the last few days cleaning and organizing our room and closet. We don't have a basement, and no extra bedroom for storage anymore, so it had all piled up in the corner of our master bedroom. We donated 8 HUGE bags of stuff, and threw away about 6 more. It feels so good to get rid of stuff. I hate stuff. Stuff that we don't need, don't use, that just takes up perfectly good space. Ughh...stuff.

I have no idea how people become hoarders!

My mom offered to keep Truitt for us, he had a sleepover at my parents house so we could have no interruptions while cleaning.

Looks and sounds like he is having a great time! But I sure do miss him...


It's amazing how much more we can get done without him here to distract us. I even got totally caught up on all of our laundry. Finally! I don't think all of our hampers have been empty in at least a year or more. I am embarrassed even admitting it. But it's true.

Less than three weeks to go...I'd better get back to cleaning!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You can tell Truitt is becoming a big boy. When I look at this pictures he looks like a Big Brother for sure. :)