Friday, June 25, 2010

Cardiology Update

It had been 8 months since we last saw the Cardiologist, and I had totally forgotten my son had a heart condition. Not literally, just mentally. Until I got a reminder in the mail.

WHAT?

How could I ever forget something so important. Nothing is more important than a heart. Not even a brain. Not walking, not talking, nothing. All I worry about is Truitt's brain damage, yet something so delicate simply slips my mind.

We live in a society that is all about being normal, being perfect, being the best. I don't necessarily agree with all that, but I want that so bad for Truitt. If all we saw in other people was their heart, not their intelligence, or physical capabilities, Truitt would be a diamond in the ruff. His perfect little heart is so much more important than anything else. It's soft, tender, and beautiful.

Yesterday, I was reminded of that. How lucky I am he is here. That his little heart is strong, and healed. He had an ECG and an EKG, and everything looks great! The VSD (hole) he had between his ventricles has closed! Woohoo! There is a slight narrowing in his Aorta where it was repaired, but Dr. F told us that 90% of COA repairs narrow again, and only 1% need repeat surgery. They will just watch it closely over the next few years.

Truitt did great during the ECG (echo cardiogram).


He even liked helping and holding on to the cord :)


He was so relaxed, that he fell asleep about half way through. He looked so sweet.


The nice guy got a warm blanket from the warmer and wrapped him up so he would stay asleep. I thought that was so nice of him, and even better it worked! I moved Truitt back into the stroller and he didn't make a peep. Then I had two sleeping babies :)


That is my AWESOME double stroller my mother-in-law, Carol, bought us. It is the greatest double stroller I've ever seen, and it is perfect for Truitt. He sits so well and comfortably in it, and he has plenty of room to grow. Since most double strollers are shrinking, I am so glad I found this one that is big and comfy!

1 comment:

G. Grandma McFarland said...

What a little guy he is....so accepting and trusting of the Dr. No stress for Truitt, he takes every thing in. Love the stroller, it is just perfect especially for those many trips to the mall ;0)