Monday, February 7, 2011

Beckett 9 Months

Last week while Truitt was at school, Beckett and I took a trip to the Pediatrician for his 9 month well check-up. We were happy to see Kim, the Nurse Practitioner we love, who is finally back from maternity leave! Sometimes I prefer to see her over the actual doctor :) She is awesome!


Beckett is now 19 lbs. 10 oz. (25-50th percentile) and 29 1/4 in. (75th-90th percentile). He is long and lean, he still seems so tiny to me, but he sure is tall! Not a single roll on him, sure hides how much he LOVES to eat.


I have been worried lately that my breastmilk is not filling him up enough. For the past 6 weeks or so he has been waking up around 4 am every night for a feeding. It is draining me. He then wants to constantly nurse, keeping me awake, until 8 am when Truitt wakes up. I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in almost two months and it's really wearing on me. Kim felt that it was probably caused by his teething and now he is stuck in that routine, so we must just let him cry :( I am okay with listening to him cry for a short while, but he will cry for over an hour! It's so hard, it breaks my heart. I am just glad I don't have to quit breastfeeding. I am so close to making it a whole year! A goal I was unable to meet with Truitt.


Kim was surprised to see him try to walk, he is SO close. At home he will now let go of the couch or coffee table and take 3 or 4 steps on his own before he plops back down to crawl. She thinks he will be walking within a few weeks! When Greg and I try to get him to walk between us he will take 5 or 6 steps, but quickly loses his balance because he tries to run. I think he will go from crawling to running, he is full or energy!


He is into EVERYTHING already. I hear it only gets worse when they are walking. This weekend Greg had to put latches on the kitchen cabinets under the sink because he is always getting into them. We are going to leave the others alone because they don't contain chemicals and typically he is only in the kitchen when we are. I don't want to baby proof everything so that it drives us crazy! We will see how he is when he is walking, because I believe in letting babies explore. I would never want to trap him or confine him. He currently has free rein of the entire house, and he is so cute crawling around learning about his environment.

He has recently started crawling on one knee while pushing a car across the floor. Or a book, magazine, coaster, control, sippy cup, cell phone, or anything he gets his hand on that will slide! It is soooo cute! I just want to squeeze him every time he does it. Chuck and Carol, Greg's parents, brought over some trucks and cars for him along with some great toys for Truitt. Beckett loves to "drive" his new dump truck all around the house. He is ALL boy!

1 comment:

~Mom said...

OK, could he be any more adorable in these pictures. He is going to be tall like his daddy for sure.