The four days following Truitt's discharge from Children's, with an increased dose of Topamax, he continued to have 2-4 seizures a day. The next three days after that he didn't have any. I think I got ahead of myself thinking he was once again seizure free. I was SO happy to not see one single seizure for three whole days. My prayers had been answered.
Sure enough, the very morning I was going to call to report him being seizure free for three days in a row, he had two seizures in 10 minutes. I was so frustrated and thought I should wait one more day to call in and see what he did that night.
Well that night he had two more seizures. I called the nurses at the Neurology Clinic to let them know what he had been doing for the past week or so. They thought that it was good that he had a three day stretch with no seizures, meaning the seizures were controllable. But it was apparent that he needed another increase in Topamax. So now he is up to 75 mg (three 25 mg capsules) twice daily.
As of today, he is still have at least one seizure every day, sometimes every other day. I will report back to Neurology on Tuesday and see what they have to say. It may be time to try another medication, I sure hope not. Maybe they will try increasing the Keppra? Hopefully something will work soon for our little guy. I know he is just as sick of these nasty seizures as we are!
Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment