Wednesday, February 11, 2009

EEG

Over the past few weeks we have noticed Truitt slightly quiver and twitch his arms and legs various times throughout the day. Of course, with all we have been through with him, it began to concern us a bit. It is such a small quiver, that if he were a healthy baby, I would say it is a muscle spasm. So as I noticed it happening more often I called the neurology department at Children's. The nurse I spoke with said it did sound more like a muscle spasm than a seizure, but with his history we both agreed to be on the cautious side and have it checked out.

So this afternoon Truitt had another EEG, the first he has had since he was a week old. I have been nervous all week about it, but glad it is over with. Truitt hated every bit of it. He threw a little temper tantrum while being strapped down, which was so hard for me to watch. The test was 30 minutes long and he slept comfortably in my arms the entire time. I stared at the screen the whole time, and I didn't see anything too alarming. But what do I know about reading an EEG? Not one thing, so that doesn't mean much. So, in roughly 3 to 5 days we should have the results.

No comments: