Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cardiology Update #3

Oh yes, we had to go back down to Children's today for yet another appointment. My favorite appointment, to see Dr. F the cardiologist. Nothing but great news. They did another ECG to look at his heart and it still looks wonderful. The coarctation repair looks great and there is no scar tissue around the aorta. His blood pressure is near perfect so Dr. F gave us the go ahead to stop the blood pressure medication, thank goodness! One less medication to worry about.

Truitt will not have another appointment with the cardiologist for another six months. A nice little break. I really hope all of these appointments start to spread out, giving us time to worry less and enjoy him. I will say that this has maybe been the best week I have had since Truitt was born. I feel like everything is really on our side and looking great.

Although going through the long-term monitor EEG was not a walk in the park, I feel it happened for a reason. To encourage me to stand back and look at how lucky we are. That things could have been so much worse had he been diagnosed with spasms. We could have watched his development deteriorate before our eyes. I am so thankful for the lesson I learned and it gave me a whole new outlook on how far Truitt has come. I realize again how blessed we are and what a true miracle our little guy is. I hope now we can start moving in the right direction and gladly accept any challenge, for it could be so much worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good lesson for all of us....celebrate each day and thank God for blessings large and small. Truitt is a real fighter and very strong. What a joy he is, you can already see he has such determination. Once again our prayers were answered!

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Give him huggle snuggles from us!