I had a bad start to sleeping because as it turns out life flight's landing pad is right on top of his room, nice. Was kind of interesting watching them land, but never a good thing when a child has to be life flighted in the middle of the night. Just as I saw it fly away minutes later another flew in, two in a row. It was so loud, but Truitt slept like a rock.
Almost had a drug overdose this morning of the phenobarb, his seizure medication. The nurse came in at 8 o'clock this morning to give it to him, but fortunately I stopped her and let her know he only gets it in the evenings. It really scares me to think that if I wasn't here he would have received a double dose because he just had it last night. She then reread the report and appologized for the mistake. Scary.
The residents should be in sometime this morning, so I will hopefully have some news farely soon. Hoping for good news, but preparing for bad. If they do find that these episodes are infantile spasms he could be admitted for up to a week while they treat him. So we are all hoping we will be going home today or tomorrow!

2 comments:
Once again, thank you for being so considerate of all your family and friends. These updates mean so much to us! Hugs and kisses.
I couldn't agree with Grandma McFarland more! I thought about you all night! Also I am so glad you are not afraid to question the medical staff when it comes to the safety of your son! He looks so sweet in those pics and content! We are thinking about you!
Post a Comment