Sure, I would sit him in it from time to time, catch a few photos and watch as he fell to the side or back. Truly, he had never sat in it for more than the time it took for me to take a picture. He could never support his upper body or head any more than a few minutes in it. I wanted him to be able to use it so badly, it seemed like the chair would help him, but unfortunately it didn't.
I have been tempted many times to take it to my parents basement (since we don't have one), and put with all of the other baby things he has out grown. Except this time, it was something he never even used. I knew he surely must have out grown it, but I had to give it one last try. So tonight while I watered flowers, I gave it one last shot. And this my friends, is what my eyes did see...

My little boy sitting so perfectly, with his head held high, in straight alignment with his body. Shock and excitement...is all I felt. Then I had a good giggle, and ran for the camera, I was sure it wouldn't last long.


But oh how it did. He thought it was great. I thought it was great, I actually wanted to cry. But I laughed, because I was on top of the world. There he sat, for 20 minutes, sitting as perfect as could be.

It was the best eye candy money could ever buy. Progress is what I saw, sweet heavens, he is making progress!

Then he threw a fake temper tantrum and we called it a night.


What a wonderful night it was!
6 comments:
Ok, here I sit alone reading this blog tonight the tears are flowing. As I have watched this little baby boy struggle to reach a goal that most his age have already accomplished it brings me tears of Joy. Lauren and Greg all of your hard work is shining through. It's not about has fast he gets there..... it's the Climb.
Love to all of you
MOM
Lauren, just read the blog about Truitt sitting up and holding his head up !!!!!!!!!! THAT IS JUST TERRIFIC !!!!!!!!!! What great news to start my weekend. LOVE how big he smiles. He is so proud of himself. I am so proud of him! Nancy Morse
Yeah Truitt!!!! This is just the beginning!!
Megan Butler
This just goes to show how truely amazing Truitt is. He has proven once again how strong he is. Lauren and Greg, you both have done an amazing job with him. You are all so lucky to have each other!
Absolutley AWESOME! keep it up Truitt!
Amanda
A real "Fighter" and "Survivor"...everything in its own time and he is proveing he will get there no matter how long or hard the climb!
Post a Comment