Nothing has changed. His eyes are still the same as they were 2 months ago. Which in a way is a good thing, that means we don't have to wait any longer for the surgery. Well I guess if his eyes would have magically corrected themselves, that would have been better. But since we knew that was a very far stretch, we are glad to hear he will finally have those little eyes fixed!
I'm still not sure when the surgery will be, but Dr. B said within the next few weeks. I do have mixed emotions about the surgery because it involves Truitt being put under anesthesia. I know it has its own risks, but with his heart condition it is even riskier for him.
They will watch him closely, and monitor his heart, but I'm still scared. After all we have been through with this little boy, you'd think this would be no big deal for us. To me, everything big or small is a big deal, because he is my little boy and I am a worried mom. How could I not be? It's safe to say we have had many reasons to worry, and this is just one more thing.
It will be performed at Nationwide Children's Hospital, the very place his tiny heart was healed. If I could put his heart in their hands, I guess I can trust them with his eyes.
Dr. B said, "If you emotionally made it through the day of his heart surgery, this will be a walk in the park!"
I sure hope so, sounds pretty convincing. But surgery is surgery. Really I'm not too worried. Just nervous. I know he will be fine.
1 comment:
What great news....he will do just fine....he beautiful eyes will be even more perfect! As you have found out that your worries will continue because that's what Mothers do!
Post a Comment