Wednesday, December 9, 2009

5 Month Pre-natal

Baby Sankey is doing well! The heartbeat was strong, in the 150's, and the baby kept kicking the doppler again. I have been starting to feel the baby move lately, but I could sure feel those big kicks today and it was such a treat.

I declared today, with much deliberation and encouragement from my doctor, that I am going to go ahead and plan to deliver vaginally again. Through all of my concerns, and worries, in my heart I want to deliver this baby the natural way. It all depends on circumstances too. If the baby is big or small, early or late. Time will tell.

I will have an ultrasound at 36 weeks to check the baby's size and amniotic fluid levels, and that will tell us a lot about what kind of labor I can expect. If the baby is measuring really big (like Truitt was) it may be best to induce a week early. I am so hopeful that I will go into natural labor this time, 2 weeks early and the baby weigh around 7 pounds. That would be great! Unfortunately, I can't pick and choose. So we'll just wait and see. And hope for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe your 5 months already....time flys! Hurry up May ;0)....can't wait!