Monday, January 11, 2010

15 Months

Today was Truitt's 15 month well check-up. He is doing great! He is now up to 22 lbs. 8 oz. and 31 inches long! His height and weight still remain on the same growth curves, 25th for weight, 50th for height. His head grew more the past 3 months than most healthy children, so hopefully he will continue to move in that direction and catch up, which is still a small possibility.

He is still way off the charts with head circumference, but all Dr. T cares about is that it is still growing. I just love Dr. T, he is so incredible with us and Truitt. I remain shocked that I can walk out of that office without crying. He makes it so easy on us. It feels great.

Greg is out of town this week, so I am doing my best to stay busy. It sure isn't easy when he is away from home, mostly because he is my rock and my comfort. I know he will only be gone a few more days, and I'll be okay. At least I have Truitt here to keep me company, and baby Sankey letting me know he is there for me too with those big kicks. Sometimes I just need those little reminders of how blessed I really am. Because it is still so easy for me to feel let down and alone. Easy to feel like I have nothing but heartache in all that I do.

My heart still hurts sometimes, and I get all tied up in the past. I am continuing to learn how to live in the present and the future, and remind myself nothing I do can change this path we are walking down. I must just hold my head up and make the best of it. I love my life, and my beautiful son. The hardest part for me, is letting go of dreams I once had for him, knowing only our Lord knows his destiny. I know he is destined for something great. I just have to be patient. I am trying, I really am.

The ship of my life may or may not be sailing on calm and amiable seas. The challenging days of my existence may or may not be bright and promising. Stormy or sunny days, glorious or lonely nights, I maintain an attitude of gratitude. If I insist on being pessimistic, there is always tomorrow. Today I am blessed.
- Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Grandma McFarland said...

I think Maya Angelou has said it best....tomorrow will come ....a new day will bring new joys and sometimes tears...live the moment, the past is gone, today is now , tomorrow is not here....learn from the past, let the tears come if necessary...look forward to tomorrow with hope.