Truitt and I are both sick now. And I'm sure I've said it before, but taking care of a very sick baby while I'm sick too, is the worst!
We got him to eat a little more yesterday, but he is still only taking in about 8 oz of fluids a day with a little applesauce and baby food pears. Most of those 8 oz, are by syringe. The poor little guy seems to have no energy.
We had a little scare yesterday when he woke up from his nap. His coloring was not good at all. His arms, legs, lips and chin looked blue. We rushed him to the Pediatrician to have his oxygen levels checked, and when we got there they were only 86%. In the NICU, they never liked the babies to drop below 94% oxygen, so when I heard 86%, my heart began racing. There was even talk of taking him straight to the ER.
After about 20 minutes, the doctor checked again, and he was up to 94% oxygen. It was a bit reassuring that his levels began to climb, but having a baby with a heart condition and cerebral palsy, I was still very worried. The doctor thinks that his severe congestion along with a bad coughing spell caused the drop in his oxygen.
It was so scary for me, and I am so glad we got it checked out. His coloring has looked good ever since, but I am watching him VERY closely.
I hope we both are feeling better really soon, because my birthday is Sunday! How fun could a birthday be for a sick momma with a sick little boy?
1 comment:
Glad you pay close attention...better be safe than sorry...poor little guy! Take care and don't take chances even if your Birthday is Sunday....you both need to be well before you go out ! You can celebrate your B day anytime ;0).
Post a Comment