Friday, January 22, 2010

New Rooms

We have been ever so busy again! I decided to take 3 weeks off from appointments around the holidays, and failed to realize how crazy life would be catching up. We survived, but I must start to consolidate his in-home therapies. All of these appointments and therapies are seriously starting to take over our lives. Not to mention, I will begin seeing the doctor every two weeks starting next month, and then every week the last two months of my pregnancy.

The past few months, Greg and I have been debating on what to do with Truitt's new bedroom once the new baby comes. We weren't sure if we should get another crib, or put him into a twin bed. I really didn't want to buy another crib, and since Truitt still doesn't roll over in his bed, I felt a twin bed would be safe for him. I talked with the pediatrician about it and he thought a twin bed would be just fine.

So we ordered the twin bed, and it will be here early next week! I am so excited to decorate his big boy room. We bought the paint this week, and have cleared all of our junk out of the guest room, to make it into Truitt's room. So our house, to say the least, is a disaster! And I am starting to go a little bit crazy!


The new baby (who by the way I keep wanting to call by name, since we FINALLY have one picked) will go into the nursery. I bought him some cute new bedding at Pottery Barn Kids, to make the room his own. I got a bumper, mobile, sateen sheet, and boppy cover all for $38! I saved about $240 dollars on it because it was 75% off then I got my awesome discount on top of that! I love getting a good deal :) And it's the bedding I always wanted. Pictures will come soon, once the rooms are done.

It is so much fun, I love decorating and this gives me a good excuse :)

1 comment:

Sharonbeth said...

Lauren,
When Paul moved to a twin bed, I found these great bumpers. It was like a twin bed fitted sheet with baffles on the sides and foot of the bed. In the baffles went blow up tubes that were about 8(?) inches high. It made me feel more secure about him rolling off the bed when he started doing that. Don't know if there is such a thing now -- maybe Carol could make something if you wanted. (Aren't I so nice offering her services?? LOL)