Monday, February 23, 2009

4 Month Check-Up

The appointment went pretty well. His head has grown 2 cm, which is the normal amount a babies head should grow in 2 months. So that is wonderful news. It is still off the charts slightly, the -3 percentile, but the most important thing is that it is beginning to grow at a normal rate. He is now 14 lbs. and 10 oz. and 24 3/4 inches in height. He fell right at the 50th percentile for height and weight! Yes I will admit it, he's perfect!

We got the results for the EEG today as well. It did show that he is having some small break through seizures, which at first was hard to hear. I will say we did expect it given his injury, but the pediatrician didn't seem at all concerned. She said she expected it as well but doesn't even feel the need to increase his seizure medication. So on that note, I'm glad he is not having any noticeable seizures and trust her judgment. We will just have to see what the neurologist says at his next visit.

These are pictures of Truitt the other night when daddy was feeding him. Greg does the airplane noise when he is giving him a bite and Truitt just thinks it is the funniest thing. So of course, I had to get a few pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmy Daddy...so cute! Looks like he really loves dinner time...don't we all. Won't be long he will be crawling...look out dog :).

Anonymous said...

He cracks me up! That was not the face I received from Vivi when she was eating! Hers usually included tears and a very red face! He is sooooo Cute! That is great news about his noggin and the seizures! Talk to you soon!