Tonight, I read the blog of a mother who just lost her two year old daughter to cancer and something struck my heart. I feel that any parent with a child that has had some kind of struggle in their young life is touched. We all live life thinking it will go just the way we plan. I have learned that we don't create our life but rather sit back and watch it happen. As much as we all think we have control, we have none at all.
Would I have ever chose to have a sick baby? Not in a million years. Now that I do, I feel blessed. I was chosen to have a baby that needed me. A baby that could show us the beauty of life. There is something remarkable about Truitt and any other child with a heart felt story to be told. They are the lucky ones. The ones that go on to live a life well lived.
No parent deserves to lose a child. But every dying child deserves a mom to hold them, comfort them, and love them up until that last breathe. I know that mother is just what that precious little girl needed in her short life. I know how that mom must feel, but I will never fully understand her sorrow. It just encourages me to hold Truitt even tighter. I held him, hugged him, kissed him, and thanked god for each minute I have with him while reading that blog. May that sweet little girl rest peacefully in heaven, and may we all tonight be thankful for the healthy children we have to love and cherish.
1 comment:
Everytime I log on to the computer, I try to make your website the first one I check. Your words are inspirational and I strive to see the good we have in our daily lives and to be thankful for what we have.
Post a Comment