I just wanted to document that I am having a wonderful day. See it does happen, sometimes. Days like this make me realize how fortunate I am. Some days I think of what Truitt would be like if he were healthy, how blessed we would be. Today, I think of my son with a significant brain injury doing nearly everything he should be doing in his own way, now that is blessed. He is amazing, its truly remarkable how far he has come. A brain injury? Not a good way to label him, he is just taking his time growing up. He will get there if we just give him the gift of time.
He had occupational therapy today which i typically dread. It was the best session so far. He is perfect, he is progressing, and he is doing things with great determination. He will get there, he has a strong mind and is eager to learn. I will tell you all he continues to astonish me with everything he does. This baby that they said may never see, hear or talk is looking at toys, laughing and talking to whomever will listen to him. And I love it. Every second of it, its pure bliss. I don't want him any other way, I want him just the way he is. A strong soul with a will to thrive.
2 comments:
Lets be thankful for this day and more happy ones to follow. He is just one beautiful happy little guy who is loved so much! Like we have all said he is a true fighter :)
I love the new picture you updated for the front page of the blog. We can see the determination and fight in those eyes! I know he can feel the love and strength that you and Greg are giving him.
Post a Comment