Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Special Gift

Greg's grandmother, Lorraine, who passed away almost three years ago made this beautiful blanket for her first great-grandchild. Carol gave it to me just two days before I delivered Truitt and it will always have a special place in our hearts. To receive a gift that was hand-made with love from a dearly beloved grandmother who has since left us with her spirit, is a gracious gift that Truitt, Greg and I will forever cherish.

I know she never had the chance to meet Truitt, but he will always have a little piece of her with that blanket. I adore her for all of the time and dedication she put in to it for a precious baby she never had the opportunity to lay her hands on. I wish she were here to see him, hold him and witness what a miracle her first great-grandchild is. I know she is looking down at him and is so proud of all he has done. Her hands will always be open to hold him when he is cradled in the blanket she made him for years to come.


Thank you great-grandma Martin, I love you!

Truitt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren & Greg, I know Great Grandma Martin would have loved Truitt to pieces, just as I do. I so wish she were here to see him. What a sweet picture, Thank You.

She loves you too, baby Truitt

Great Grandma McFarland said...

Great Grandma Martin is smiley down on Truitt! I just know she is so thrilled he has it. What a wonderful gift to wrap him in, to keep him warm and comfort him. He will always feel her presence. A gift to treasure always!