He actually did really well. He was very happy and soaked up all of the attention from the ladies, that's my boy. Gena came down with me and brought her kids, Alexa and Gavin. It was so nice to have them there to support us. Thank you!
It was really interesting watching what the therapists did with Truitt. They placed special sensors on his hands and one on his head to capture his movements. The room was filled with special cameras and big bright red lights, Truitt loved those! The therapist held toys in front of him to see how he would respond and then recorded his actions. He didn't do so well in this department since the poor thing had his eyes crossed the whole time (a common problem when he is over stimulated), and his difficulty of using his arms.
She said he has some good movements, I will take that, and said he was a great candidate. He will be seen every other week, although she gave me exercises to do with him at home. It is exercises that will teach him how to use his arms and hands to play and interact with toys. At the next session she will see what progress he has made. Hopefully he will do well.
The main purpose of this study is to try to find ways to diagnose children with CP earlier to give them more specialized care. I am so glad we are able to help out the school and be a part of such an important program that is now so near and dear to my heart.
I'm so sorry to report the camera was dead, so I was unable to take pictures while we were there. I will try to get some next time, it was quite interesting to see. I did get a picture of him in his Wee-Search T-shirt! Truitt was not in the mood for pictures though...

1 comment:
What a great thing for Truitt to be a part of the OSU WEE SEARCH. He will always be able to say he was on the OSU team and what a player he will be :).
Post a Comment