Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Momma's Boy

In every sense of the word. Simply put, he adores me. I love it. It is amazing because this is another big step in his cognitive development. At the same time, it is hard for me because now I worry about leaving him with anyone, even Greg at times. He just cries and cries when anyone holds him, but calms immediately when he is back in my arms. He sure knows how to melt my heart. He is actually in my arms right now, he wanted nothing to do with daddy holding him at the moment. So I am multi-tasking.

The problem is I need some time alone. I am with him all the time, granted it is the best time of my life, but I have to keep my sanity. How can I just leave him and let him cry, especially when he seems to have more seizures when he gets upset.

Speaking of seizures, they aren't getting any better. Maybe a little worse. That or I am getting worse at handling them. I have admitted I have my weaknesses and this is one. Seizures, I hate them. They are evil, cruel and unusual punishment if you ask me. Punishment for something he didn't do. It's so unfair but so is life. Tomorrow he will be up to his full therapeutic dose of the new medication so hopefully within a few days we will see some improvement, according to the neurology nurse.

They want to have another EEG done to see how well, or lack there of, the new medication is doing. It will just be a thirty minute EEG at the outpatient center here in Westerville. The problem is, we have lost Truitt's health insurance as of yesterday and have yet to hear anything back from Medicade. So we are stuck. I knew this would happen. Ughh, life.

This is Truitt on my lap as I was typing. Notice the "I won" look on his face. Spoiled.

1 comment:

Great Grandma McFarland said...

OK, he already just wants Mommy....now thats normal for sure. Every baby goes through that. He will eventually get over that too! Can you say "normal development" :). They learn very early don't they ! We all know Mommy is irrestiable...smart little man! So is Daddy...one lucky baby.