Finally, an effort is being made to spare Truitt the discomfort and frustration of the seizures. I spoke again with the nurse practitioner, whom is wonderful in every way, and she is going to increase the topamax dose. Hopefully this will take the seizures away completely. The trouble is, it is still unsure if these are all seizures or if some are muscle spasms. So in two weeks they will do another EEG to see what exactly is going on in his little brain.
My hope and prayer is that they will go away soon with no problems. He right now is on a low dose of the topamax and the new increase will bring him just below a medium dose. This leaves plenty of room to increase if at all necessary. If you were wondering, he is still on the phenobarbital, but a very low dose just to be safe. This will continue until the neurologists feel comfortable taking him off of it and relying solely on the topamax.
Well I can't complain anymore, since my complaining finally got me somewhere. I tell ya it is hard work getting things accomplished with his care, unfortunately. I am just finding that if I word hard enough I get what I need. What Truitt needs. So tomorrow we will increase the dose and very soon I look forward to the seizures getting the heck out of town!
No comments:
Post a Comment