I know that what has happened in Truitt's short life is all for a reason. These are the moments I will remember the most. But what has truly helped to keep walking in the right direction is all of the support I have received along the way. I never had any idea that such a life-changing experience would bring such loving support from the people that surround me. I wanted to take the time to invite all of you to read a personal note that was sent to me. With a tear rolling down my cheek, I want to thank every kind soul that has reached out to Greg, Truitt and I when we needed you most. These are the "things" I will cherish the rest of my life. The endearing words coming from the sincerest of hearts.
This is the best medication for a new mother with a heavy heart. Just to know that although I don't feel like I am doing anything right, I must be making progress. It takes someone else to look at the big picture and make me realize I am doing the best I can. Please enjoy, and know that I appreciate each and every card, letter, e-mail, message, phone call, text, and comment. I give you all a warm hug via blogspot.com. God bless you all! Please continue to love us and reach out to us even though we may not have the time to respond like we wish we could.
Dear Lauren,
I just wanted to thank you for having us over last night to your lovely home. I was so impressed with how perfect and organized you are. You have everything under control. Sometimes, it takes an outsider to come in and see and understand that although you may feel overwhelmed at times, you do indeed have it all under control. Maybe there are times you feel like you need to just catch your breath, but believe me, no one could ever detect that. You are calm, collected and you have a perfect understanding of what you need to do.
As a new mother, we all have felt anxious or nervous, sometimes even scared. But you handle it all in stride with complete love and confidence. Our job as a mother never ends. It's 24-7 with little breaks to regroup. And my dear, that will not change. Just ask your mother. She is still loving, worrying, caring and doing all she can because she is a "mom". The minute our babies are put into our hands, life changes forever. It becomes more challenging, more devoted and less about ourselves. We wake thinking about our child or children, we go through our day thinking of them and we lay in our beds thinking and worrying. But that is what makes us good moms.
So there you have it, sweet pea! You now have the "good mom" award. It's pinned and tucked safely away in your heart where it will stay forever. So when that moments creeps up on you and you begin to feel a little overwhelmed, remember, you can hold your head up high with pride and say, hey, this is my job...I'm supposed to feel this way because I'm a mom, a good mom and everything matters because I'm Truitt's mom.
I'm proud of you Lauren. I know this all took you by surprise, but you have really, truly become…the perfect mom.
4 comments:
I don't think anyone could express a Mothers feeling better! You are amazing...each time I read the blog I am so proud that you have been given the talent to write down exactly how you feel!
The Purpose Driven Life.
You are who you are for a reason.
You"re part of an itricate plan.
You're precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.
The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.
No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.
You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are beloved Lauren, Because there is a God.
With Love, Grandma McFarland
Wow it brings tears to my eyes as well reading this post. But so so true, they are great words to reread when you are feeling down to give you strength. Thank you to the friend who wrote those words!
Lauren,
As your mother you continue to amaze me with your strength and courage. Everytime I think about the conversations with you as a little girl I remember how no matter what the situation you made something good come out of it. You once found a baby doll in the toy box that none of the daycare kids wanted to play with because her arm was off and broken. You took her and dressed her up and told me "Look Mommy; you can't even tell she is broken" (my tears are flowing now)
Truitt is the luckiest little baby and you are his gift for sure.
Love you,
Mom
Lauren, As difficult and challenging as your lives have become, I told you from the beginning - you were chosen for a reason. Through your blogs we all know why. You are amazing and an inspiration to everyone. You are proving to us all that it's not what happens to us but what we do with it that matters most.
"You may be changed by what happens to you but you will never be reduced by it".
I'm very proud to call you my friend. And so happy you continue to play such an important role in Simon and Jack's life!!! We love you all!!! tj becky simon and jack
Post a Comment