She is going to have Truitt re-evaluated for free in home PT and OT. Our feeling is that he will indeed qualify now that he is older and beginning to show more delays. This would be so nice for all of us, not having to drive anywhere and better yet, not having to pay top dollar for necessary services. The only problem is, there is a 4 to 6 month wait list. So the sooner we get him evaluated, the better.
We also talked for a long time about my pediatrician problems. She totally agrees that my number one priority is for me to be confident in all that I do when taking care of Truitt. We both decided I should not be an emotional wreck just going to an appointment, so I need to look for a new one, for Truitt as well as myself. If you have any suggestions, please e-mail me at lgraham131@gmail.com. I am willing to drive any distance for someone that we like.
Overall the visit went really well. I tend to always have a slightly hard time when she is here, even though I adore her. It is just another reminder of my oh so different life I am living right now. I still cannot seem to accept all that it entails.
I wish I didn't have to meet with her each month. I wish I didn't have any concerns with my baby to talk about. I wish Truitt were healthy and didn't need any intervention. But wishes don't always come true, hard work is the only way to receive payoff in this game. So until then, each month over the next two years, Jen will be coming. Just another little reminder of the fight we still must conquer.
Lauren
1 comment:
Just sent you an email with our ped. that we LOVE!
Post a Comment