
Truitt got five shots, poor guy, including the regular influenza vaccine. He cried his little heart out, and was staring me in the eyes surely wondering why I wasn't saving him from it. It felt so horrible. Greg is definitely taking him next time he needs shots.
We got the go ahead from Dr. T to introduce solid foods and whole milk. Due to his good size proving he is getting plenty of nutrition, Dr. T was very comfortable transitioning Truitt to mostly solids and cow's milk like any typical child his age. It was such a relief for me. I want him to do well with his eating, it is so important for him. It is not unheard of for kids with his condition to need feeding tubes at 2 or 3 years old because of failure to thrive. I don't want it to come to that, I want to help him learn to eat well and continue to progress with his eating. That is the only way he can learn and improve.

For now we are giving him 1 part formula to 1 part milk. He has done great so far, and I think he loves the new flavor! He is also doing great with solids. Pears and peaches have been a favorite, and he also likes cheese ravioli. I love to see him chewing solid foods, yet another miracle, something I knew he may never learn to do. We still have to be very careful, because his chewing is not quite up to par, but it is so exciting to see him progress and learn these new things. Go Truitt!

In other news, we got his arm braces a few days ago and I LOVE them! He can sit 3 times as long with them on. He also does much better in the crawling position (of course with some assistance still), and I am so glad they are able to help him.

2 comments:
Wow that little man is busy! He looks great and I love the new pic at the top of the blog! Give him huggles and snuggles from us!
You can see.....he doesn't have a care in the world! He is loveing life and everything about it (except those awful shots) ;0)
Post a Comment