Wednesday, November 4, 2009

H1N1 Vaccinated

We had a wonderful weekend, and a great Halloween. The Buckeyes had a great game Saturday, and we went out for family breakfast on Sunday. One of Greg and I's favorite things to do. Truitt loved sitting in his hook-on high chair, he thinks he is such a big boy in it, showing off for anyone who passed by our table. He was in a delightful mood!



Greg and I were hoping to catch a movie this weekend, since we are much in need of a night off, but I was too afraid to sit in a theater and expose myself to any germs without my H1N1 vaccine. So we are hoping to go on Friday, since Truitt and I are now H1N1 vaccinated!

I have tried a few times to go to one of the local clinics, but couldn't make it due an appointment or therapy. So yesterday we set out, with a mission, and I didn't want to come home without one. After hearing all of the horror stories on the news of people standing in line outside in the cold for 6 hours, I was a bit hesitate and went prepared. Turns out the location it was at, Vet's Memorial, had plenty of indoor room and we even got to sit in a warm warehouse the whole time! And we were only there 3 hours total, not too bad!

We met many people in line, of course Truitt always draws attention with his giggles and laughs. The two people right behind us both had children with special needs, it is a small world. They had much advice to offer me, and I left last night gaining very helpful information from them both. We were in the right place at the right time. I always love meeting people who have children with special needs, they know my world I'm living in and it helps me to feel a small sense of normalcy.

The vaccine itself wasn't so bad. It only left my arm a little sore for a few hours. Truitt was so strong, he only squealed a little when the nurse poked him, but quickly was all smiles when it was over. He didn't even cry! I am so relieved that we both got it, and can now rest easy knowing I did the best I can to protect ourselves.

I hope everyone who has it available to them goes out and gets vaccinated. Especially if you have young children. Waiting yesterday was not bad at all, and believe me, if I can do it, you can do it! I have the shortest attention span and I was easily entertained just watching people the whole time. It was well worth it!

1 comment:

Lisa E. said...

I am so glad it went well and you got there easily! Talk to you soon!

Hugs!