Today I had an appointment down at Children's to have a fetal echo done on baby Sankey. It was very strange heading there for an appointment of my own, not Truitt's. I like it that way.
Truitt came along and enjoyed watching his baby brother kicking around on the monitor. He literally was glued to the screen.
The Cardiologist could find absolutely nothing wrong with our sweet baby boy's heart. It looks perfect. Although a COA, which Truitt had, often does not show up until at or around birth, the chances of us having another child with a COA are very very slim. But just in case, a Neonatologist will closely, I mean very closely, look over our new baby when he arrives.
If baby Sankey did have a COA, which is way to small to detect on a fetal echo at 22 weeks gestation, it is commonly associated with other heart defects which would be visible at this time. Such as a hole, which Truitt also had. Like I mentioned above, they saw nothing abnormal, so that is a great sign that all is well with his tiny little heart.
Even though I will still worry, until he is here and well, it is a big weight lifted off our shoulders.
*COA - Coarctation of the Aorta
1 comment:
Sounds great....worry is part of being a Women ;0). That just means your NORMAL !
Post a Comment