Friday, June 26, 2009

Big Changes

We have had a lot going on here at our house these last few weeks. Greg has been back to work at his new job, which he is so excited about, so I am learning to re-adjust without him here with us all day. It was so nice having him home these last few months. I know now Greg wouldn't trade what happened because after all it gave him the opportunity to build a stronger bond with his son.

I, on the other hand, am still going strong spending every minute with Truitt. Loving it too. I have had such a great couple of weeks, feels like I am really moving along now. I haven't had a bad day since I can't even remember when. It is so refreshing, I feel great.

Mr. Truitt has some big news himself. After all the pain and tears over the past few days, we finally see a little pearly white tooth peeking through!


I can't believe he is getting teeth now, he is growing up so fast. The poor little guy has been so miserable these last few days, even crying tonight inconsolably and I felt so helpless. If any of you moms have tips on what to do for pain relief or when to expect him to feel better once it breaks through I would love to hear your advice! We have tried Tylenol, Orajel and frozen teethers, which offer some comfort to him but not much. It is horrible, I have always known teething is rough, but man it is simply awful. He loved chewing on the teether, I think he enjoyed the cold on his sore gums...


Truitt has made a big step in his physical development too. Well a big step in my eyes at least. He will now support himself in a crawling position! He would never support himself with straight arms until about a week ago. He will even rock back and forth like he is trying to crawl. I know its a little soon to get excited, but this is huge for him! His arms are pretty limited so I am so happy he has gotten this far. His little legs know what they are doing, now its just a matter of getting those arms to work with them. Go Truitt!

5 comments:

Lisa E. said...

Wow he is a busy little man! cutting teeth and learning to crawl in the same week! Yikes! Can't wait to see him again!!!!

G. Grandma McFarland said...

THE TOOTH....that is so exciteing that is a real milestone. Many more to come :). Keep working on that crawling he will do it I just know it! So glad Greg is working you are a wonderful homemaker and Mother. You will get in the groove and I know you will love every minute of it. Keep looking forward and remember to pray and thank God everyday for the big and small blessing! Love you all, Grandma McFarland

Julie Swan said...

How exciting that he's rocking back and forth! Fun times :)

- Julie

Paige Wood said...

I'm soo excited that your little man is growing like a weed!! I continue to keep all 3 of you in my thoughts and prayers!

all my love:
Paige :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,
When Delaney was teething we bought popsicle holders but instead of filling them with juice, we filled them with baby food fruit, she LOVED when we used bananas! Good luck, you are doing such a woderful job with Truitt!
~Jen