Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swimming

Today my friend and I took Truitt to our neighborhood pool for the first time. This was his first real swimming experience, and although he loves bath time, an ice cold unheated pool is quite the opposite of a warm bath.



I cringed when my toes hit the sub-zero water, so I was most certain Truitt would follow in his mommas lead. To my surprise he quickly adapted and had loads of fun. He was kicking and having a wonderful time, he did not seem to mind the chilly water one bit. I think this will be a great way for him to weightlessly move about. It is perfect therapy for a baby. I look forward to going at least a few days a week, because I sure could use some sun for my pasty white skin! Yes I know...that what happens when you become a mom I suppose.

1 comment:

Grandma McFarland said...

How precious....so glad he likes the water even if its cold ;0)! Great fun for you and Truitt too! You are so lucky to have that beautiful pool within walking distance....many days of splashing and relaxing in the sun! Enjoy!