My lovely friend finally had her baby yesterday morning, three days late. Unfortunately I know how that feels, our Truitt was four days late. So not fair, but better late than never!
She welcomed a very healthy, sweet baby boy, Jude. I went to meet him this morning at the hospital, the very hospital I delivered Truitt at. The one in which I vowed I would never step foot into again. After all, today I did the very thing I said I would never do. I walked into that hospital with my head up and my heart heavy, I walked in there to see my friend. To celebrate another miracle.
To my surprise I felt nothing but excitement. I was so strong and I am so proud of myself for what I did today. I thought this day would never come, the day that I would walk through those doors again, and I did it without a care in the world. All to see this sweet baby I have been waiting to meet. Even as I sat there, cuddling this 6 lb teeny tiny little boy, I never was bothered one bit. I was there to welcome this precious baby into the world, to celebrate another gift of life.
He is beautiful. He is perfect. I was in heaven holding him in my arms. I found myself thanking God that he gave them a healthy baby. To enjoy and embrace, without any heartache. The way it should be. It truly is a miracle. I can't wait to watch him grow, and I hope I continue to have the strength I did today when I saw that sweet boy. This is the first time I was able to see a new baby since everything with Truitt, without getting upset. It was wonderful.
To be honest, I came home wanting another baby. I can't wait for that day, again and again. Oh there is just nothing like a newborn baby. It is truly the best part of life. So tiny, so perfect, so pure.
2 comments:
THE CHALLENGE....another gift from God, he is carrying you when you thought you couldn't go another step! I am so proud of you going to see the precious new baby boy. I know how hard it was thinking of doing it. They say you need to face your fears to overcome them! YOU DID IT....we know there will be other challenges in your life but you will be able to face them too BELIEVE AND TRUST THAT GOD WILL BE THERE, JUST ASK!
I know how happy you and Truitt were to have Daddy home...looking forward to celebrating Greg on Fathers Day along with all the wonderful Dad's in our family!
Have a wonderful week and be sure and Thank God for for all the blessing......you can talk to him anytime of the day or night.
Love and kisses to you, Truitt and Greg! Grandma McFarland
Congratulations on your bravery! See you just never know how you will feel until you face and surpass the obstacle! You did it and that is what you need to concentrate on! Plus the fact you felt great after it was done!
Post a Comment