
Everything looks great. His blood pressure was perfect, and his heart sounded good. There is still a small murmur, from the hole in his heart, but it is very faint. A positive sign it is slowly closing. He will be seen again in 6 months when they do an EKG to check on the VSD (hole) and his aorta. There is a 10% chance of the Coarctation (defect he had repaired at 3 weeks old) reoccurring so they will continue to do EKG's every 6 months until he is two. I am always anxious to be given that piece of mind from the EKG, to hear that everything looks okay. Dr. F is confident that with his blood pressure being perfect, it is a sign the aorta is wide open and functioning well.
Let's hope it stays that way.
In other news, Truitt's eye surgery is scheduled for Thurday, October 29th. I'm wondering if that is trick or treat night? Hopefully he will be feeling well enough to look adorable in his costume if it is. I'm sure he will feel just fine. Wouldn't it just figure, I forgot to mention the surgery to Dr. F. I wanted to hear his concerns, if any, about him being put under anesthesia. I know I am probably worrying about it too much, but I would have graciously accepted his positive reassurance he is so willing to give at all times.
He is an incredible doctor. We need more like him.
We have many more appointments this month, and I hope they all go this well. Including a few for myself, more on that later. For now, I am going to take Truitt for a walk, before it gets too cold. I love this cool fall weather, but I hope a couple warm days sneak in before its too late. I'm not quite ready to turn the heat on! Now with a baby in the house, it will be much sooner than later.

I remember last fall, while Truitt was in the NICU, Greg and I went without heat until middle of November, two days before we brought Truitt home. We can't do that this year, we have to keep our little guy toasty warm.

Is that not the cutest hat ever!?
2 comments:
Your right...those are the cutest pictures ever ;0). He is doing so good all the tlc is paying off. Truitt is a real trouper, he never gives up!
You've got him all prepared for this colder weather. I have to completely agree with you about the hat!
Post a Comment