Monday, May 18, 2009

A great weekend.

This weekend they called for clouds and rain, and we got sunshine! It was gorgeous all weekend, only a few rain showers Saturday afternoon. The very afternoon that Gena and I decided to take the kids for a walk and got drenched! It was so much fun, and the kids loved it.

Later Saturday evening we went to dinner with our friends, Matt and Gena, and their kids. We had a great time and Truitt sat in his hook-on high chair. I wasn't sure how he would do in it because of his poor head control, but the back is just high enough for him to rest it on. I used a blanket to wedge him in and he was in heaven. He thought he was pretty cool sitting in that big boy chair. He was kicking and talking the whole time, he really enjoyed himself in it.


Sunday Greg and I got plants and flowers to complete my garden. It was my mothers day gift from Greg, and I am really looking forward to taking care of it and growing lots of veggies! Greg did a great job building it and saved us lots of money by doing so. Isn't it lovely?


Thanks Greg, I love you!

Lauren

4 comments:

MOM said...

Ok, this is great; now we get to see how Truitt grows and also get updates on how your garden grows.lol Nothing more rewarding than seeing how your hard work continues to shine through Truitt with all your determination to keep him ahead of the game.

Go Team Truitt!!!

Love, MOM

PS- I love Zucchini

Grandma Graham said...

Truitt,

I love that picture of you in your Big Boy chair. I think peach is your color. You will break many hearts in the future with that sweet little face.


Grandma Loves you Truitt!!!
OOOOXXXX

G. Grandma McFarland said...

What a great little garden and it will be so much fun watching it grow! Good Job Greg... Truitt looks like he is ready in his blue jeans to pitch in and help! Love the pictures especially Truitt in the big boy chair! He is doing great :0).

Shelly said...

Greg,
I want you to know how much Lauren has talked about the beautiful garden you have built for her.She will have many happy days ahead watching her plants come to life and gromw bigger everyday. I am sure you both will enjoy all the wonderful veggies. Truitt and Lauren are so lucky to have you in their lives. You are such a handy man; now get busy changing diapers because we now you have a tool belt for that. LOL!!

~Shelly