Today is my first Mother’s Day, and I am so overjoyed to be a mom. It is the one thing in life I have longed for, dreamed of and wanted more than anything else. Life has now become more recognizable than ever before.
I made it.
I accomplished my life long goal at the ripe old age of twenty three, and although it didn’t go as I always planned, it is still every bit as amazing as I ever dreamed it would be. To have this precious little boy that I created love me more than life itself is magnificent. He wakes up each morning all warm and sleepy, ready to embrace me with assurance. Each glimpse into his eyes warms my heart. It’s my outlook to the future. One that is unknown, but ultimately promising. He can make any bad day so amazing that it often leaves my tired mind enlightened but never confused.
The day I gave birth to him, I gave him my heart. My love, my energy, my core. Of all I have done for him, I would do it all over again just to see that smile. To watch him thrive. He was born with every loving gesture, hope and dream that I ever had. It is heaven.
I sometimes pity myself for the things I may have fallen behind on since I became a mom. I always wanted to be a mom with lots of play dates and friendly gatherings, a clean house and the perfect family. My new reality is calls not getting returned, avoiding play dates because I have a baby with seizures, mounds of laundry often undone and a house that is much less than tidy.
When it really comes down to it, at the end of the day I am confident I did the best I could. No maybe the house isn’t clean, I never called back an old friend, but my son got 100% of my love and attention.
How many moms can say that?
Today I want to celebrate the most important, significant and treasured gift I have ever recvieved, Truitt. He made me a mom.
Lauren
16 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is easy to see how you can give your love to Truitt. Who could not love this little one with the heart catching smile? His smile reflects the love he receives from his parents. I wish you a Beautiful Happy Mother's Day!
Lauren - We are thinking about you on your first Mother's Day. Congratulations on achieving your life long goal of being a Mom. Thanks for posting all the pictures and blogs as they are so inspirational! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Emily, Jerry & Woody
Just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day and tell you lots of people are sending up prayers. What a beautiful baby boy --
Lauren,
Happy Mother’s Day! You are a wonderful mother and an inspiration to all mom’s and mom’s-to-be. Thank you for sharing Truitt’s life with us. God is using you in an amazing way in other people’s lives. Please continue to share Truitt’s life with us. We enjoy reading your blog and seeing his sweet smiling face. May you have a beautiful 1st Mother’s Day!
Lisa and Dale
Happy Mother's Day Sweet Pea!!! I know how much today means to you because I know how much Truitt means to you. Enjoy your day!!!;)
Lauren,
Enjoy your day you have earned it. You are an example of the true meaning of the title "Mom". Truitt is the luckiest little boy in the world.
Now remember to take a minute for your self today, take a long bath and relax. You will have many more of these days ahead filled with the joys of Motherhood as I have being a mother to you. No accomplishment will be greater in life.
You make me proud to be your MOM!
Hugs and Kisses,
MOM
Dear Lauren, As your Grandfather and I have watched you grow up we knew you were someone special! Always so loveing and careing....now as we watch you as this beautiful new Mother how proud we are. The apple didn't fall far from the tree...you are so much like your Mother! How lucky are you as she has shown you what true love is for a child. She is never to tired or busy to be there for you and Truitt! God has blessed us all in so many ways to have each other. Your determination is infectious and gives all of us hope. Thank you for being you and shareing your life with all of us.
Love, Grandpa and Grandma McFarland
Happy Mother's Day Lauren,
Just in case someone ever says "your just like your Mother", that is a real compliment! You were truly blessed to have a Mother like her.
Love, Grandma
Happy Mother's Day Lauren! I know you are enjoying this special day with family that loves you soo much. Enjoy this day to the fullest and know that you have many more of these special days to come!
Happy Mother's Day lauren. Love to both you and Greg and hugs to Truitt. I think Greg is one of these people who is great because a lot of times he has to stand alone and wait. My love to you all!
Lauren - Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think you would take this long!! It seems like we had to hold you off from having a child since you were six years old......you wanted a little baby to hold and love since you were little. Love Dad
Happy 7 month Birthday Truitt!!!
Happy Mothers Day Lauren.
~Ashley
Dearest Lauren- HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! God has truly blessed us all to bring this wonderful sweet soul into our lives. You & Greg are such an inspiration to us & we are lucky to be part of such a loving family! We love you all so much & can't wait to see you again. May God continue to bless us with the sweetest memories yet to come. Happy Mother's Day & big kisses to Greg & Truitt too! All Our Love, Cindy & Stephen in Houston
Happy Mother's Day Lauren! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you on your wonderful day! I pray for you & Greg & sweet Truitt all the time. May God continue to bless you all. Love & Kisses, Your Cousin Shari
Hope you had a wonderful first Mother's Day! You deserve every minute of it! Give that sweet little boy a big kiss from me and my girls! *HUGS*
Post a Comment