Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Physical Therapy

What a day. Truitt had PT this morning and I finally made my way to the doctor for this sinus infection that has been going on for 12 days now. I hope to be feeling better soon, I have had a constant headache for 3 days now, which called for a long nap this evening with Truitt. I always look for an excuse to nap with him, since I HATE napping. What a waste of perfect time. Unless, that is, I don't feel good. Then it is a wonderful thing.

Truitt did very well at PT this morning. Catie is very pleased with his ever increasing head control. So am I. Anything followed by the words "increasing" or "improved" is music to my ears. I love hearing it, it never gets old. She worked more with teaching Truitt how to stand from a sitting position, and sit from a standing position. It is so cute to watch him do this, he gets so proud of himself when he stands. So are Catie and I, I think he thrives off of our reaction when he does it. It is absolutely adorable. Well, so is he, of course.

I have to say I am doing so much better with his therapy appointments. For now at least, although I don't want to get ahead of myself. I just love watching Truitt learn new things, and I love learning new ways to help him improve as well. I want so bad to see him achieve some kind of independence, such as sitting or playing with toys, so I continue to strive to help him get there. He is coming along, he is doing new things, so I know it is just a matter of time. All I have to do is let those darn little muscles in his arms know who is boss.

1 comment:

G. Grandma McFarland said...

EXCERSISE....Well we all know thats the key to building strength, he is doing great! You and Truitt can do them together. That will make it more fun for both of you. Everyone needs to work on that no matter what age you are....especially when you get to my age LOL! Its amazing how much he is doing and how hard he is trying. With his determination he will be doing things you never thought were possible! Truitt is going to make us all believers that with lots of love, prayers and belief that all things are possible....KEEP CLIMBING THAT MOUNTAIN! Great things await him!