

At my grandparents, we had a delicious brunch, thanks to my wonderful Grandma McFarland, the best cook I know! I love spending time out at their beautiful house and my Grandpa never fails to amuse us with some new creation. This time, a motorized bar stool, and to our family it was totally normal to see this...

Really, it is normal. That is why I love him. Never a dull moment when he is around, and I love it.
I love more than anything being around all of my family members at the same time. We have so much fun together and there is nothing more important to me. It was so nice to catch up, play a little corn hole, and eat good food. After all it was a day to celebrate the dads, so here is a picture of all the dads in our family...

What a wonderful group of men. The second from the left is my dad, Scott. An amazing dad to say the least. I look up to him so much and love his outlook on life. He has taught me so much and to always look at the bright side of everything. Which in these last few months, has really come in handy. He is an incredible Grandpa to Truitt, and Truitt just loves him as well. Here is a little poem I want to dedicate to my dad.
You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful daughter.
Thank you for everything dad, I love you!
Father's Day night we spent out at Greg's mom and dads to celebrate Father's Day, his brother Jason's birthday, and Jason and Bethany's anniversary. It was a great night filled with good people and good food as well. We had a great time. Truitt loved Bethany's little sisters, they had him belly laughing in no time. Truitt had such a good time, in fact, that he didn't sleep but 45 minutes the whole day! Here he is with Grandpa Sankey and the girls. Thanks for all the fun!


Happy Anniversary Jason and Bethany! I can't believe it has already been a year since their beautiful pirate wedding. A wedding I will never forget.

Hope everyone had a weekend as great as we did. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!
3 comments:
Thanks Little for the Poem! Means a lot.
Dad
Lauren,
You are right family is so important. Greg, Happy Belated Father's Day!
I'm not sure if your mom told you but we are coming to town in August and can't wait to see all of you.
Lisa and Family
What a beautiful tribute to your Dad, love the poem! You always have such a way of finding just the right thing to say! Those pictures of treasures.
Post a Comment