This week will surely do me in, I'm sure of it.
Tomorrow morning I have an ultrasound scheduled for me, to check out my abdomen because of this cramping discomfort I have been having for some time. It is getting worse and the doctor's afraid it may be my gallbladder. I have had problems with my gallbladder for years, so I am hoping it is that and not something else. I am a worried mess about it. Immediately following that appointment, Truitt has PT at 11:00. That is just the beginning of the never ending week, that of course, just began.
Wednesday he goes back to the Ophthalmologist at Children's. It looked as though he had maybe, by some fragment of my imagination, outgrown the condition. That was up until these past few weeks, because he has been having troubles with those eyes again. Sigh. It just never seems to fail. So as I dreaded this appointment coming, I now know something needs to be done. I'm anxious to see what the doctor decides. Hard for me to think of our sweet boy in glasses. Although he would be pretty cute in them :)
Thurday, worse than Wednesday, we go to the Pediatrician. I already have a knot in my stomach that I'm sure is there to stay for now. The Pediatrician we are seeing is in the same practice as our disliked Pediatrician, but we are hoping he holds a more positive attitude and will be easier on us. So I am trying to tell myself to give him the benefit of the doubt, unless he makes me cry. Time will tell.
Friday, the worst of the worst, Neonatal Clinic. That was maybe one of the hardest appointments to date. The one where they sit there for an hour and tell us all of things he is NOT doing, what he should be doing, and again how horrible his condition is. It sucks. Plain old horrible. Reality and our life in other words. The reality I like to ignore. But on this day ignore we can't. We are always told they are just there to help us, but they sure have a harsh approach to helping.
So that's our week. It's gonna be a rough one. I wish I could skip it and move on to next week already. I realize that this is all for Truitt, and I would do anything for him. So I will try my very hardest to stay positive, strong and cruise on through all these appointments without shedding a tear. It may not be easy, but I can do it.
2 comments:
Quite a tough week...maybe all of your appointments are meant to keep you occupied to keep your mind off of Friday? Best of luck & many kisses to Truitt! You're always in my prayers.
Wow! Let me know if you need ANYTHING! You really are a wonderful, persistent, strong mother and this week will be over before you know it!!!!! XOXO
Post a Comment