
When they go on to eat real food, there is no reflex, they simply must learn how to break the food down with their tongue. If they don't know how to do this and just swallow the food whole, it puts them at a great risk of choking. My worst fear. I told the doctor today I didn't want to try it for a long time because I thought he wouldn't know how to eat it. He surely thought Truitt would do fine and that he was indeed ready.

So when we got home, after his nap, I went for it. I gave it a shot. On the menu, split pea soup with carrot chunks. I made sure the carrots were nice and soft so I didn't have to worry myself crazy. Just as I gave him that first bite, he mushed it right up with his tongue and was ready for round two!
What!?
I didn't even believe my eyes. He acted like he'd being doing it for months! I am so very, extremely relieved. Another step in the right direction!
6 comments:
Great!!! Now he can try some of Grandma's hometown cooking. I have to say these are two of the cutest pictures of Truitt. They make me want to squeeze his little cheeks.
Kisses & Hugs
He's saying, "Mommy I liked that food." "More please!"
What a cute smile. I love you, baby boy.
"I did it - I did it!!!!"
I love you sweetie pie!!
Can't wait to make him chicken and noodles...I just know he will love them! :0)
MY GOSH can those pics be any sweeter!! he's SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE and HAPPY in these! YEAH FOR PEA SOUP! LOL!
What a big smile he has. He is such a happy little man and can't wait to see him again.
Post a Comment