I am beginning to become all too familiar with this hospital. People recognize us here now, and are starting to remember Truitt. Although I'm tempted to be flattered by it, it's not a good thing. It is a great place, and they do incredible things, but I never wanted to learn that first hand. But here we are, again.
The morning started pretty eventful, to say the least. I was a ball of nerves, got no sleep and hit snooze 4 times which left me no time to shower. Truitt had a lot of seizures from the moment he woke up, but I wasn't too worried, he has had these kind of mornings before. As I was on my way to Children's for his Neonatal Clinic appointment I looked back at him several times. Every time I looked he was having a seizure, he never has them in the car.
When we got to the appointment he continued. They came one right after the other, the poor little guy never got a break. I tried to feed him his bottle and waited patiently to be seen, hoping the Neonatologist would have some answers as to why this was happening.
Throughout his whole PT and OT evaluation he was still having them. At that point I was so worried I had her call up to Neurology to send someone down to look at him. As soon as the Neurologist walked in the door he wanted Truitt sent immediately down to the ER.
My heart sunk, thank goodness I didn't know the appointment would evolve into this ahead of time. He told me that this many seizures in a row can cause temporary paralysis and he could stop breathing, that it is an extreme emergency situation.
So we made our way to the ER. They rushed him back to a trauma room, gave him some potent anti-seizure meds, poked him over and over again,and then he was knocked out. I was a wreck. It was so scary, and I was alone.
Greg met me down here within a half hour. We just held each other, it was all we could do. This is just way to soon to go through this all over again. Watching him suffer as he was broke my heart. It hurt so badly, it stung.
He was admitted onto the Neurology floor and he came out of the sedative state very well. We haven't seen any seizures since. The plan for now is they are going to watch him for 24 hours and see how he does. Seizures are nothing to mess with, so they are very cautious.
He is sleeping right now and word is they are thinking this whole ordeal was caused by the immunizations he received yesterday. I am feeling a lot better now, my mind is little more at ease. Just waiting for more answers. I will update again later. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.
2 comments:
What a way to start the day! Sure sounds like the shots yesterday could be the problem! Poor little guy, he is in the right place. Childrens is wonderful, they don't miss a beat. As a Mother, you will have lots of scary days and wonder how you ever got through it...that is God's grace seeing you through the storm. We will continue to pray that Truitt's visit is just 24 hours.
My dear Lauren, Mary and I both are very concerned and will keep Truitt, along with you and your family in our prayers.
xoxo,
Karen Krouse
Post a Comment