Monday, July 20, 2009

He's doing well.


Truitt is finally back to his old self. He seems to be feeling much better now. He did have a couple seizures yesterday and has had one so far today, but I remain hopeful he is on the right road to being seizure free soon.

We went over to Greg's parents house last night for dinner and Truitt was in a great mood. For the first time, he belly laughed just by hearing Greg laugh. Every time Greg would laugh he would just crack up. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen, I was in tears just watching, it was adorable. Truitt is starting to think Greg is a toy. Anything Greg does with him now, he just laughs and smiles, he won't even eat for Greg anymore without goofing off. It is priceless. He loves his daddy so much.

Truitt had OT this morning and his therapist, Pam, thinks he is coming so far. She thought he seemed much more mature today and thought his body was very relaxed. She said she thinks that Ativan he received in the ER reset his brain and calmed his body. She noticed a big difference today in him, and was so pleased with his progress. Hopefully it continues!

I have been doing really well lately also. I am so very proud of myself for handling all of those appointments last week without a single tear. I feel like that was a huge stride for me and a big accomplishment. It proves to me that it will get better, easier, and I will continue to get stronger. My friend Paige shared with me a quote that I will learn to live by...

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

That says it all. Thank you Paige!

I just realized I never did tell you how the Neonatal Clinic went after having to deal with all the mayhem that followed it. After his PT/OT evaluation Truitt was developmentally classified as a 5 month old. This was actually good news for me, I don't know what I was expecting to hear, but that didn't upset me one bit. The therapist was very positive and thought he was showing some great potential physically and cognitively. Although he is not vocally where he should be for a 9 month old, she thinks he has great communication skills. She said it doesn't matter how delayed he his is right now, as long as he continues to develop and make those strides to catch up.

Since Truitt was having a lot of seizures during that evaluation, they are going to re-evaluate him in 3 months opposed to 6 months. So we will work really hard over the next 3 months to help him to score even higher. The PT/OT evaluation is really the most important part of the visit, so right after that was done we skipped out on seeing the Neonatologist and headed down to the ER. So all in all that appointment actually went well. I didn't complain having to cut it short, since it isn't my favorite place to be anyways.

I uploaded more pictures of Truitt in the hospital under the post "hospital pictures".

4 comments:

Paige Wood said...

Glad to see you cute little boy is at home! Let me know if you need anything at all!!

All my love
Paige :o)

scott said...

Great to hear about you and about Truitt doing good. Love the part about Truitt laughing at daddy.

jacksmom said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear the good news that Truitt is better. I'll continue to keep your precious baby in our prayers. I love that sleeping picture, he looks like the sweetest little boy with beautiful golden hair that you just want to cuddle up beside him and hold him! Sincerely, Cheryl

G. Grandma McFarland said...

YOUR FRIENDS QUOTE SAYS IT ALL...OUR PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED IN MANY WAYS! TRUITT LOOKS SO GROWN UP IN THE PICTURE, MORE LITTLE A LITTLE BOY AND NOT A BABY ANYMORE...PRECIOUS!