Thursday, July 9, 2009

Truitt Update


He is once again getting better with his sitting. Still no where near sitting alone, but 30 seconds is good enough for me, its a start. Even sitting one handed in the picture above, he was very excited. The child loves pictures, I can get him to smile on command now and I LOVE it. I did not place Ellie so perfectly next to him either, she joined in on her own, so we went along with it. A perfect pillow for Truitt to fall on. Really, he did a few times, good thing she is so forgiving.


We went down to his last appointment at the OSU Wee-search lab yesterday, and Truitt weighs 18 lbs 5 oz, that's a big boy! We took a little break from going because of his seizures, but it was so nice to go back down one more time. I think Truitt improved over the last few months, and I look forward to hopefully helping the school out again in the future.

We found a new Pediatrician after many weeks of searching. Turns out he is really close to our home and is so popular he books out 3 months in advance! I hear he is amazing with special needs children and has a very positive outlook, which is what we need. Because of above mentioned popularity, I was unable to get Truitt in to see him for his 9 month well-baby check up. So I am stuck back at the old pediatrician for that appointment and I am very unhappy about that. In fact, I don't think I want to go, I might leave it up to Greg. So please pray that next Thursdays appointment goes well, and if I go please pray for my dry eyes. It would be a first if I left there without crying.


This little cutie is finally getting some real hair. It seems to grow an inch each week, well maybe a little exaggerating, but its filling in well. Still very blonde, and lots of wave going on in the back, and I love it. Too bad I can't put a bow in those beautiful locks. Maybe someday, if I ever have a little girl. For now, I will hold back the urge and just enjoy this perfect little boy :)

1 comment:

Grandma McFarland said...

PROGRESS....what a trooper, you can see he is really trying so hard to sit up! Slow and steady wins the race :'). Ellie looks so precious next to Truitt, she will be his constant companion.

So glad you found a new Dr. for Truitt. I would have asked if they have cancellation appts. so many times people cancel and you live so close you could be there quick. Call back and check it out....you never know!