Yesterday, Truitt and I made the now so familiar trip down to Children's to see the Cardiologist. The drive down there is so much more worthwhile having him with me. I have to say I have mixed emotions about going to all of these appointments. On one side I dread going because it is a constant reminder of what we have been through and the long road of follow-up appointments ahead. On the other side I enjoy going and getting all of the information from the doctors to help him to overcome these challenges.
The Cardiologist said Truitt looks great. His blood pressure was right where it should be, so they will begin trying to wean him off of the blood pressure medication as well. Dr. F was so happy to see him so active and healthy. He even got to hear him talking! Truitt was in the best mood when we were there, he is such a morning guy. I think he really likes Dr. F...he is an outstanding doctor and I truly enjoy our visits with him. We will go back in 2 weeks for an echo cardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart).
Both appointments this week went well and made me feel so good about everything Truitt is up against. I know he has had a tough battle but he has his own little way of fighting a tough fight. I don't think any of this is too much for him to take on, he is a fighter and he will be sure to prove that to us through and through.
No comments:
Post a Comment