Monday, November 24, 2008

Neurology Update

Today Truitt had his follow up appointment with the neurologist. She was very pleased that he has not had any seizures and wants to slowly try to get him off the medication. While trying to get him off the phenobarbitol, there is a good chance he will have some seizures in the process. She went over what to look for and what to do if he has one.

This is one thing I still cannot get a grip on. I hate the thought of him having a seizure at all...let alone being told what I need to do if he has one. I think all I could do is hold him and cry. It still breaks my heart that his little body has to go through all of this. But I just tell myself this is part of his healing, and I will do whatever it takes to help heal his little brain. All I ask is for everyone to continue to pray for his healing and that he is no longer having seizures. Also please continue to pray for his full long-term recovery. He still has obstacles to overcome, but I know he can do it!

He is showing so many good signs and is doing everything he should be doing at 6 weeks old. This is a critical time when we need to do all that we can to make sure he stays on track and help him meet his developmental goals. All I have to say is, he is continuing to show us how strong he really is everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truitt's strength continues to shine; what a miracle is this little grandchild of mine. His pictures bring so many smiles to all who read his blog. (and several happy tears)

Lauren, I am still amazed at your entries and the heart felt love in your words that are so well written. You and Greg are truly gifts to Truitt and in turn he will continue to flourish with your love now and forever.

MOM